Best Ketone Blog » keto diet
In the past few years, the keto diet has become a worldwide sensation. Many people are now eager to switch to this kind of diet in the hopes of reaping the benefits offered by this kind of dietary routine. Staying in ketosis is a vital step in order to achieve the ketogenic diet. Achieving ketosis enables you to burn off plenty amount of fat and achieve the health benefits that it has to offer.
It can be difficult to know if you have achieved a level of ketosis – whether you are a newbie or had been on this diet for a long time. There are a few indicators of ketosis but it is important to know for sure that you have reached this level. The use of the best ketone test strip will enable you to determine with certainty your ketone levels.
How Ketone Level is Tested
Before delving into the best ketone test strips on the market, you need to know how ketone levels are tested. This will give you a better understanding of how to use the product and how to achieve the desired results.
There are three methods of testing your ketone levels: blood, urine, and breath. Each type of test will offer a different accuracy level. According to experts blood ketone tests offer the most accurate readings. Some users prefer urine strips because of their ease of use, however they aren’t anywhere near as accurate. When first starting keto urine strips will register ketones, but the level of ketones will drop as your body starts to use them. Also, if you happen to be dehydrated the urine strips will show ketones, even if there aren’t any.
Blood and urine strips are also easy to use because you can carry them around with you on-the-go. You can even use them for testing multiple times a day.
Of the three types of ketone tests, blood testing is the most accurate and recommended by all keto experts.
Why Choose The Best Ketone Test Strips?
While there are many forms and methods of testing ketone level in the body, experts know that blood ketone test strips are the best. One thing that makes the best ketone test strips superior is that our company was establish for those on a keto diet. Everything we do is for those on keto. Also, our strips are low in cost and FDA approved so you know they are accurate and trustworthy.
It only takes 10 seconds to get your result when testing and you can use our Bluetooth Chip to connect to the mobile app and download your results.
There are three main reasons why Keto-Mojo ketone test strips are recommended when getting your readings:
- Ketone test strips are convenient to use. The convenience offered by the best ketone test strip comes in the form and its use. They are small enough to be carried with you or used wherever you go.
- Ketone test strips are affordable. In fact, it is the cheapest blood test strips on the market.
- The Keto-Mojo blood ketone test strips offer the most accurate testing available that you can easily do anywhere. You get the best accuracy by using an FDA approved device with the best prices on the market.
Deciding on the best method for testing your ketone level is not easy. With more options in the market, it can make it more difficult to choose the right one. But based on the benefits offered by the best ketone test strips in the market, you will find that this is one method that is cheaper and convenient. This makes it easier to perform multiple testing in a day.
Ketosis is a metabolic process within the body that offers numerous health benefits. When your body enters ketosis, it converts fat into a compound known as ketones. This becomes the body’s main source of energy. There are several studies that claim diets promoting ketosis are great for weight loss as it can also help to suppress appetite. More studies are being done to see the impact of ketosis for Type 2 diabetes and other neurological disorders.
Whether you are trying to lose weight or simply want to live healthy, here are 10 tips you can try to get started on a keto diet.
- Identify food items you can add to your keto diet. This is the most important thing you need to know before embarking on a keto diet. To give you an idea, you must incorporate food that is low in carb, moderate in protein, and high in fat. A few examples of the items you can add to your keto diet: healthy fat (such as lard, olive oil, butter, and coconut oil), fish and seafood, meats and organ meats, berries, and non-starchy vegetables.
- Be aware of the ‘keto flu’. When you switch to a keto diet (also known as low-carb diet), your body will feel moody, tired, or nauseous as it craves for carbs. This is part of the adjustment period since your body is used to consuming carbohydrates and after removing carbs from your diet your electrolytes will be out of balance. These symptoms will last for a week or two. You can cope with these symptoms by drinking more water as well as increasing your salt intake.
- Look at fat as fuel. When you cut sugar from your diet, your body will naturally turn to fat as its source of energy. Don’t be afraid to turn to healthly sources of fat like coconut oil, olive oil and butter.
- Consume more coconut oil into your diet. Coconut oil is one of the main food components of the keto diet. It is also a good source of lauric acid that enable your body to produce sustained levels of ketosis. It is also metabolized faster than any other types of fat. Slowly build up a the amount you add to food. Adding too much before your body is used to it can cause digestive discomfort.
- Get active. Diet is not the only way you can achieve a keto lifestyle. You need to ramp up your physical activity, too. Ketosis has been known to benefit athletic performance and endurance exercises. Exercise helps to increase the rate of ketosis production.
- Try short fasting. One of the proven ways to start a keto diet is to go without eating for a few hours. A common trick used by people who follow this diet plan is to go on a fast from dinner one day until lunch the next day, about 16 hours. Intermittent fasting is a dietary approach that is known to induce ketosis. An important note on fasting, though: do not go more than 5 days as excessive loss of muscle mass can be dangerous to your health.
- Get enough protein. Another element of your keto diet that you need to pay close attention to is your protein intake. Make sure you consume enough of it without being excessive. You need protein so your liver gets adequate amount of amino acids to produce new glucose. They are important for the organs in your body that does not rely on ketones as fuel. Once you have tested your ketone levels, you can make adjustments to your diet as needed.
- Use the Keto-Mojo Blood Ketone and Glucose meter. Testing both ketones and glucose can help you adjust your diet so you can stay on track and hit your goals. A new measurement used to help determine the effectiveness of your diet is the Glucose Ketone Index (GKI). Rather than just getting a snapshot of your data by testing a single test, combining the two measurements gives you a better overall picture of your health.
- Build a meal plan. To increase your success at keto diet, you need to create a meal plan for lunch and dinner. This will decrease the chances of eating non-keto food items. You can even prepare your meals ahead of time and freeze them to be consumed later.
- Personalize your diet. This is one of the great things about the keto diet is that it involves a lot of self-experimentation. It is an exciting field that has seen a lot of growth over the past few years. Therefore, it is important to take the keto blood test to ensure that your target is being met.
Finding the perfect keto-booster foods is often challenging, especially during the first few days, or weeks, of adjusting to a ketogenic diet. You know it is important to achieve ketosis, but it is equally important to get all the macros your body needs to thrive while losing weight.
If you're struggling to add a variety of great tasting foods that meet the 70-25-5 ratio, the following super foods will help you get there.
You've probably already learned that nutrient-rich, fat-dense nuts deliver a protein boost that satisfies your cravings. The most popular varieties – pine nuts (2.7 grams), macadamia (1.5 grams) and walnuts (1.9 grams) – make it on almost everyone's shopping list.
But, don't avoid the carb heavy nuts, like chestnuts, which come in at 13.6 grams. Used sparingly as a salad topper or garnish, chestnuts provide rich, nutty flavors and textures that please the palate and drive ketosis. Instead of ¼ cup serving, sprinkle a few diced nuts on your scrambled eggs. You'll see the results on your ketone test strips, and smile every time.
Combination Power Foods
Topping a cup of diced cucumbers with 10 large Kalamata olives is a delicious way to get make sure your sodium levels don't plummet as you shed pounds. As an added balance beyond achieving ketosis, the extra salt supports healthy bowel function and guards against electrolyte imbalances.
Another combo that delivers a healthy boost of sodium is the bread-less deli sandwich, which consists of one large dill pickle wrapped in a thin slice of fresh deli meat and an ounce of Gruyere cheese.
Many people are surprised to learn their ketosis blood test results demonstrate success after consuming hummus. After all, chickpeas are a carb-dense food. The trick to enjoying hummus on the ketogenic diet is making sure you aren't consuming unnecessary additives. The reason you can eat hummus, and not just a bowl of garbanzo beans, is that the olive oil and tahini buffer insulin spikes. Make sure you are eating your dip with veggies and not pita or bread chips. Look for hummus (or make your own) that only has these ingredients:
While you can't enjoy a huge plate of pasta on the keto eating plan, you can enjoy some of the delicious flavors. Making a batch of pesto to flavor your chicken or fish dishes is a great way to be sure your ketosis blood test shows you are on track after every meal.
Start with high-quality ingredients – fresh is best. Make sure you have the following ingredients on hand. Then, blend ingredients in a food processor or immersion blender, adding the oil slowly.
1 ½ cups fresh basil
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
¾ cup grated Parmesan
2/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
The key to weight loss success and blood sugar management on a ketonic diet is keeping a close watch on ketone levels. With a ketone test strips subscription service that offers deep discounts, you'll always have a supply on hand so you can test often (and accurately) to monitor your progress.
The ketogenic diet has its fair number of supporters and detractors. People who are avid supporters of the diet include scientists, doctors, nutritionists, fitness experts and people of all ages and levels of health who have found benefits in maintaining a ketogenic diet. With that said, there are equally qualified and educated individuals who don't recommend the ketogenic diet. This is often a matter of preference, as some feel the diet is difficult to maintain or has unpleasant side effects.
Some "experts" cite lack of research and use isolated cases when discussing the dangers of the diet, or refer to extreme versions that leave out necessary nutrients. Other arguments against ketosis include unfounded fears that the individual will find themselves in ketoacidosis, however this is unrealistic and will simply not occur with the use of ketone test strips. Even without monitoring, a standard or even strict ketogenic diet will not cause this result.
The ketogenic diet was developed by Russel Wilder in the early 1920's as a treatment for epileptic seizures. While the "keto diet" is often referred to as a fad diet with no scientific backing, this is far from the case. Ketosis has been studied at length under a variety of conditions and for a variety of reasons for decades. The diet involves limiting carbohydrates and increasing the amounts of fats and protein in the diet.
Ketogenic Diet For Weight Loss
While much of the research surrounding the ketogenic diet has been for the treatment and management of medical conditions such as epilepsy, diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer's disease, it has also been found to be an effective method for weight loss. While weight loss is inevitable and often rapid with the keto diet, there are often other benefits, such as increased energy, mental clarity and reduced inflammation.
The standard Western diet is full of sugar and carbs. When you are dependent on carbohydrates for your energy and your diet is full of simple sugars, you are far more likely to overeat and experience sluggishness, cravings and even increased anxiety, irritability and brain fog. Reducing carbs and sugars and increasing fats keeps you full longer and eliminates sugar-crash cravings.
The reality is that people on the keto diet love it because they don't have to starve themselves or eat unsatisfying foods in order to experience weight loss and other benefits.
As far as long-term dangers, there is no reason to believe that ketosis is dangerous in the long-term. People have been observing this diet over the years, whether temporary or long-term, with no documented dangers provided the individual is monitoring their levels of ketosis and consuming needed vitamins and minerals, which is easily done on the ketogenic diet. Monitoring ketosis is also easily done through regular testing. Using ketone test strips is a simple way to monitor ketosis and keep you in the optimum range for your goals.